Ford is a piano teacher who pursued two different career paths. His first career was in Life Sciences. Ford completed his BSc in Life Sciences in at Queen's University in Kingston. Following this, he worked at the University of Toronto on various research projects. While doing well in this field he felt a need for change. He decided to follow his life-long passion for music.
Ford's musical studies began at an early age. Most of his training was with the Royal Conservatory of Music. He holds an ARCT in Piano Teaching. In addition, he is an RCM Certified Teacher and qualifies under the category of an Advanced Piano Specialist. Also, he is a member of the Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association. As a member of this group, he accepted a position of leadership on the steering committee. Ford believes a true teacher is also a student. His musical studies are ongoing. As both piano teacher and performer, he works independently and keeps up a busy practice. He believes all students have a natural ability and plans the lessons according to their needs. Furthermore, as a dedicated piano teacher, he considers it a privilege to share his love of music with others.
Benefits of Study with a Registered Music Teacher
- Assurance of qualified knowledgeable instruction
- Opportunities for performance at Music Festivals, Examinations, Public Recitals, Studio Recitals and Master Classes, and Canada Music Week Celebrations
- National and Provincial Student Competitions
- Opportunities for students to receive scholarships in both practical and theoretical subjects
- Opportunities for advanced students to develop applied pedagogical knowledge and experience needed to obtain a Teachers Associate Diploma