Ford's musical studies began at an early age. Most of his training was with the Royal Conservatory of Music. He holds an ARCT in Piano Teaching. In addition, he is an RCM Certified Teacher under the category of an Advanced Piano Specialist. Also, he is a member of the Ontario Registered Music Teachers' Association. As a member of this group, he accepted a position of leadership on the steering committee. Ford believes a true teacher is also a student. His musical studies are ongoing. As both piano teacher and performer, he works independently and keeps up a busy practice. He believes all students have a natural ability and plans the lessons according to their needs. Furthermore, as dedicated teacher, he considers it a privilege to share his love of music with others.
Benefits of Study with a Registered Music Teacher
- Assurance of qualified knowledgeable instruction
- Opportunities for performance at Music Festivals, Examinations, Public Recitals, Studio Recitals and Master Classes, and Canada Music Week Celebrations
- National and Provincial Student Competitions
- Opportunities for students to receive scholarships in both practical and theoretical subjects
- Opportunities for advanced students to develop applied pedagogical knowledge and experience needed to obtain a Teachers Associate Diploma